Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Callista's Chronicles - Pain, Epiphany and Growth

Pain, Epiphany and Growth

Every part of Callista's being was telling her find out more about the force headed to Bugman's, to help all dwarf kind, to save her best friend and his people and in their journey in the here and now, to stop the evil Horde at the bottom of the dam. How can she balance this passion and drive whilst respecting her new companions and friends and their own beliefs and decisions?

Had Callista really managed her power well? Maybe she got to over-confident with the boar. Time to stop second guessing...

"Now only pain ... and darkness. Wow my head hurts. Then the dreams came. My dreams are always so full of colour and give me power back. Master says not too much dreaming at once or you won't come back... maybe a little to get my strength up. Pleasant flashes of my childhood and wonders of the gift of sight and the winds. I see it in every part of nature, in the sun and sea, in the horizon where the sea meets the sky, in the earth where the bright autumn leaves mix with the dirt and death becomes life again.
Fire, water, earth, wind and life itself.

Fire...orange, red, and the bright blue where the heat is at its strongest. Images of a young girl in the great library of Altdorf - blonde hair or red? What was her name? Oh yes! Daidolos. Blonde hair that slowly went orange and then red as her bright wizard powers became stronger. I was so instantly drawn to the teenage figure in a dark corner, leaning back in her chair with her feet slightly rebelliously on the desk piled down with books. Her nose buried in the dusty tome, the first snap of her fingers that brought flame immediately (and carelessly) caught my attention.

I remember thinking...'A bright wizard! She has the sight like me. Oh thank Azyr, someone that might understand me.' Many encounters later, I was always glad I did.

More flashes... all the fun... the study sessions... all the experiments, not always successful, but always fun... singed eyebrows. And oh, those crazy hunts for aged scrolls in dusty caves and strange abandoned houses. The trouble we got into! Would I have made it through the beginning of learning the lore of the heavens without her? Maybe, but I don't want to know. Where is Daidolos now?

Must come back now.... Master says not to dream to long.

Am I waking up now? Oh owwwwww, yes that is real pain."

Immediately comforted by being surrounded by dwarves that she senses as likely company of Eyvind, Callista thanks Azyr that she is being healed by a rune priest. She later takes some broth and meat from the foe that she had a large hand in besting. Thank god Dundas and Ombra tried to take the attention of my foes while we were in battle...

She is thankful for such a meaningful gift that matches not only her childhood sentiment, but also could lend to creating her own enchanted item. She cannot wait to present this to the Supreme Astromancer when it comes time.

Maybe everything will be all right, but she sure does miss Brahlmar. Is he okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment