Thursday, August 6, 2015



Brahlmar’s Conversation with Callista


We don’t have much time. Jacobs is in an angry state of mind and I will be missed if I take too long.


I am sorry I didn't talk to you about this earlier little one. I think the Dwarf Dundas can be trusted so I confided in him. I wanted to try and keep you out of this. I still think of you as a child. I was wrong, I can see you have grown up and can look after yourself.


By now you must know that I believe that the good man that is Karl Jacobs has been corrupted by evil somehow, and that Bugman’s Brewery lies virtually defenseless.


Their standing contract with the Iron Hilt legion is in tatters and Bugman himself and most of his strength are away in Bretonnia. Your little mishap with the Black Spears has angered him and I now see it as final proof that he does NOT intend to lend aid in the defence of the brewery. Indeed he means to see it razed to the ground.  


I think he is sending you east into a trap. I think there is a large greenskin horde marching west and I think it is marching on Bugman’s. Callista, he is underestimating you. He thinks you will blunder into the horde and be out of the way for good. Your misadventure with the Black Spears has convinced him. But I know you are not as gullible as he thinks, and our situation is desparate. If Bugman’s should fall it would be a serious blow to the free peoples of the old world. Not just dwarfs.


So go east, be sly and sneaky and crafty. Find out the size of the greenskins and meet me back here as soon as you can. I am going to talk to Tennety and Belkov. If I can't meet you here with the others I will try and meet you at Bugman’s. If I can't meet you there do what you can for its defence. If it looks like it might be overrun do your best to save lives and secure any of Bugman’s heirlooms or ale recipes.


Be careful child. Dont throw your life away. If the brewery should fall. Do your best to find Bugman himself and bring him word.

Go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment