Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A Thief's Shadow Vol 2

A Thief’s Shadow Vol 2

We arrived at a small mining town called Hollin, south-west of Nuln. All the people there seemed more working class compared to some within Nuln; covered in dirt and coal. We decided to head to the local tavern: The Hammer and Anvil. Dundas and Calista sat down as I talked to the bartender; this man would not shut his face and I zoned out half-way through. Interestingly enough he mentioned that the injured men and dwarves have been travelling through the town recently, without any particular reason; maybe just a small local dispute or much more?

There were other mercenary bands in the tavern. Most noticeably, men displaying black spears on their armour: we would later find out that they were indeed called The Black Spears. I decided to snoop in on their conversation; they were just simple men out of contracts and looking for work. Dundas, Calista and I decided to head to sleep for the night; however the room we got was not the most pleasant of places. The next day, Calista wanted to see the local herbs woman. Dundas and I sat out the front keeping guard. We heard a lot of noise coming from the shop but nothing too concerning. We headed out of the town, directly south towards our rendezvous point but ended up straying west because we were a day ahead of Grey Wolf party. We stumbled on an abandoned mine, in which we managed to scrounge up approx. 10 silver ore which Dundas could smelt when he could. I looked for the symbol, with no luck. I will find you.
                                                            
Eventually, we came upon a Hag tree which was our rendezvous point. When hunting for a rabbit, I overhead Dundas and Calista talking, but only caught the phrase "shouldn't trust him?” I decided to confront them on the matter. Dundas proceeded to explain the conversation he had with Brahlmar (See Bralmar's warning to Dundas). This is not like the Jacobs I know, the man I saw at the Battle of the Redbark would never do such things.

The Silver Lady concerns me, I have never seen nor heard of a Silver Lady until Dundas spoke of his conversation with Brahlmar. Furthermore, the end of the conversation did not sit right, ‘It’s all happening again’….what does this mean? Has Jacobs been corrupted by this Silver woman?
Could she be involved with my parent’s death? No, can’t be? Don’t be ridiculous...thieves do however meddle with all sorts of people, it is not entirely unheard of for thieves to seek council from magical folks. NO! Don’t be stupid, if Jacobs had seen the mark on the coin he would have told me…or maybe she is controlling him I can’t dwell on it now, I need to focus. I need to find out what is going on with Jacobs, the Silver Lady and my parents murderer; no time for theorising, only facts.

After our lengthy discussion we all decided to call it a well-travelled day. We forgot to set a watch...such fools we were. The Black Spears surrounded us as we slept and woke us up with their jeering snickering. After Dundas failed diplomacy with the band, they asked us for our silver ore and information.  To prevent them from killing us, we told them what we knew of the Iron Hilt's breaking their contract with Bugman's Brewery; they sure did leave in a hurry after hearing that. All was quiet then on until the Grey Wolf party arrived.

Jacobs, uncharacteristically did not asked to be briefed; this was strange. Increasing my conflict with the man I know. I cannot blindly trust this man now, knowing now what I know. Instead, Belkov recieved all the information. Jacobs did not approve of us saving our lives by telling the Black Spears about the Bugman's contract, why is this contract so important to him 

why is this so important to him?
 - does he have an unknown deal with Josef Bugman
-          Does the silver Lady have a secret agenda for Bugmans

Now we have been sent on a bewildering scouting mission to the east, separated from the rest of the Wolves just because Jacobs is angry. I need to find out what is going on, for my own piece of mind. We need to tail the Wolves and survey Jacobs’s activities. Before we parted ways, Bralmar spoke with Calista, I am interested to know what he said.

No sign of the coin nor its symbol. I will find you.
O. 

1 comment: